Friday, June 08, 2012

A haiku a day...

This week it seems I'm in the mood to write about the weather. Wet, thundery, stormy, cloudy, moody weather. Funny how a theme emerged in these syllabic snippets.... 
 
Friday
Sangria, flowers
a terrace chat in the heat,
As evening arrives.

Saturday
Finally thunder:
the drumming of a rainstorm
makes me want to dance.

Sunday
We poke our heads out
Kiss the raindrops, sniff zee fleurs,
Ridiculous rain.

Monday
Some moods can’t be fought,
embracing this dark cloud I
Leave my desk behind.

Tuesday
The river at dusk
cool, calm now before the storm,
(after the panic).

Wednesday
Cloud wisps kiss the hills
Grey sky, green horizon, me
watching the day fade.

Thursday
Waking up, the roof
is drumming sweet rhythms of 
a Devon rainstorm. 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment