Saturday, October 08, 2011

A haiku a day...

Friday
I'm just no good at
this waiting game; my patient
pretense cracks apart.

Saturday
Sleep is my escape
From the noise of the party,
A quiet cocoon.

Sunday
Autumn abundance,
Piles of pears, ripe and ready,
Fallen to the ground.

Monday
A leafy whirlwind
of autumn debris, circling
wild, surrounding me.

Tuesday
Black cat emerges,
Out of the shadows; she mews
at me,urgently.


Wednesday
Don’t make eye contact
With this beast - he’ll steal your lunch;
Daredevil squirrel.


Thursday
Carpeted with leaves
The trail glows yellowy gold
Leading me back home.

x

2 comments:

  1. thank you so much! I got it at Salvation Army half off! It's going to go in my future antique store one day:)

    love, polly

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. you won my giveaway! go to my page for more info :)

    ReplyDelete