Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Patching things together...

My latest sewing project involves using up all the lovely co-ordinated scraps of fabric I have left over in my stash from other things I've made. Moving to another country means delving into the piles of stuff in the cupboards and sorting through it all. Lots of things will have to be left behind in storage or given away, but rather than leave these gorgeous fabrics sitting in a box, unloved and unused, I'm finally using them up! Rifling through my stash was much more fun than other bits of packing and sorting that I've been doing - sort of like a visit to my own personal haberdashery :)



Despite being inspired by all things patchy for my crochet projects, sewing patchwork out of fabric is a bit of a new venture for me - I've only attempted it once before for a bag I made a few years ago so here's hoping all the edges meet up once I get sewing! At the moment I'm thinking I'll make a skirt, or maybe a dress, but I'll see how I get on with sewing the patches together first.


Here's a glimpse at some of the fabrics which include paisley, dots, scraps of a sari, squiggles, butterflies and an old miniskirt, all in shades of red, orange and gold...


Do you have any patchwork tips to share?
x

No comments:

Post a Comment