Tuesday, November 15, 2011

happy little moments...a real life pirate

I couldn't help but smile when I saw this man out for a walk along the river Thames on Sunday with a parrot on his shoulder. He was just walking along with the bird just casually perched there happy as can be....


I wonder if he is secretly a pirate :)

It made me think back to other times when I've seen people walking around with animals about their person. When I lived in Lyon, France, I would sometimes see a man walking about in the strest with a cat on his shoulders. A cat!!! (clearly the coolest, calmest cat in the world). Also in France I spotted quite a few people with their pet mice crawling all over them (once on the metro -eek!) and on one memorable occasion I saw a girl with a rat perched on her shoulder in a lecture theatre at the university. He crawled all over her, disappearing down her top and sitting on her shoulder when she rested her head on the desk for a nap. He even accompanied her outside when she went to smoke a cigarette in the break! Alas no photos, of these other animal occurences, you'll just have to imagine the scene for yourselves. I'll leave you with this picture of the man walking away with his parrot friend...


What's the strangest animal you've ever seen on someone's shoulders?
x

No comments:

Post a Comment