Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Paris: a soundtrack for wandering...



I'm off to Paris for a few days this week, and you can bet I'll be having a wander around, seeing some sights and stopping in a café or two for refreshments. In order to make my ears as happy as my eyes, I've put together a little playlist of songs - some French, some about Paris, all magnifique... have a click and the let the music transport you there...


First up... well Paris is hardly l'autre bout du monde, but it is at the other end of the Eurostar tunnel, and I am going for an adventure and Emily Loizeau is one of my favourite French singers. There you go, three reasons to listen to this song and enjoy the sumptuous video...


I already waxed lyrical about my love for the film. You probably don't need me to tell you that the soundtrack to Amélie is simply lovely. Fun fact: one of my old French housemates could play this on the accordion and the rest of us used to waltz around the living room as she played...


An old French song! About autumn leaves! Je l'adore...

la la la laaaaaa la la la laaaaaaa

This song is just mental (in a good way) haha! boum!


As this song suggests, walking by the water will be nice...


Clearly no French song list is complete with something by Edith Piaf and this one's one of my favourites. Perfect for wandering along the Seine feeling 'heureux heureux' And because I know Frenchies are pedantic, yes I realise that as a female I will actually be 'heureuse heureuse' :)


Hehe, speaking of Edith, here's an aptly named boat I once saw in Paris...


There on the left at the bottom of the picture. Sorry, bit of an odd photo!

An amazing live video of my lady, Joni Mitchell singing about taking a wander down the
Champs-Élysées
and feeling free. One of my most favourite Joni songs from probably my favourite album of hers, Court and Spark (shh! don't tell the other albums, I don't want to upset them)


Aww heck, not wanting to overload you with Joni or anything (is that even possible?) but she also mentions 'sitting in a park in Paris, France' in the song California on Blue. And this video is just too good not to share here too.,,,


I'm kind of going at the wrong time of the year for this one. No matter, it's lovely. Paris and jazz go together like red wine and cheese (which you can also count on me indulging myself with à Paris). I once found myself in an amazing jazz club somewhere in Paris, but alas I lost the card with the address on it. Maybe magic will happen and I'll find my way back there one day...


Another song from a film (Before sunset). This one's really just a reminder that you really ought to watch that film right now. Go, on, this'll still be here when you've finished....


Did you watch it? Good, ok, I will continue. Next, another oldie. 'Emmenez-moi au pays des merveilles' (for me, that'll be France, ta very much)


Hehe this one's a bit different and not my usual kind of music at all. But when the cheesy beats and beeps and ridiculously catchy melody involve French, it somehow becomes acceptable to my ears. Plus the video is pretty....


And last but not least...
Parfois on regarde les choses
Telles qu'elles sont
En se demandant pourquoi
Parfois, on les regarde
Telles qu'elles pourraient être
En se disant pourquoi pas....
*Sometimes we look at things as they are and wonder why, sometimes we look at them and say, why not*
A nice frame of mind for a trip to Paris I think...


Hope you liked the songs... I'm sure I'll take plenty of pictures to share on my return. Au revoir!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment