Tuesday, July 26, 2011

happy little moments... windowsill garden

Days are made up of lots of little moments and sometimes it's nice to pause and appreciate some of the more magical ones. Moments like this one, when I stopped what I was doing to water my little windowsill garden in the middle of a hot and sunny afternoon. My tiny array of flowers and succulents are growing fast and strong after a week or two of heavy rain and now the sun has come back out I've been giving them an extra splash now and then to keep them happy. They look so pretty in the sunshine...
My 'garden' may be tiny but it makes me smile :)

Inside I have some more lovely plants on the windowsill. I love this one, in particular, because it spends many months resting underground, and then starts shooting up these delightfully purple shamrock leaves. It is an Ox Alis.This year it has also been sending up stalks topped off with tiny white flowers. They sway in the gentle breeze when the window is open and provide shelter for tiny origami friends just like this one...
can you spot the tiny red bird? it's camoflagued a bit amidst the leaves...

(I took these photos on my normal camera, but one of my friends put a crazy program on my computer that turns ordinary photos into polaroids. It even looks like a little polaroid camera on your desktop screen. You can download it for free somewhere, but I don't know where sorry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment