Sunday, July 03, 2011

Why do i wish i was a giant anteater?



This is a photo of some giant anteaters I took at London Zoo a few years ago. They appear to be smooching through the bars of the cage!

I feel that I should probably explain the title of my blog. 'Why do you wish to be a giant anteater?', i hear you ask. 'Why ever wouldn't you wish to be a giant anteater?' is my confused reply! 'Have you not seen how happily they prance about with their long long snouts and big fluffy tails? Do you not know that they sleep for an average of 18 hours a day? That is some serious dream time they are getting done! They carry their tiny babies on their backs like a miniature backpack of cuteness. I think it would be pretty darn wonderful to be a giant anteater, all things considered!
'

Should you need further convincing, try watching this clip:

(I love the bit where you can hear a small child going "wow!")

So, yeah, whilst not my favourite animal (that position belongs and will always belong to the humble badger, of which, much much more very very soon), the giant anteater is definitely the animal I would choose to be :) One day I hope to see them in the wild in South America running around freely with their ridiculous tails feasting on ants to their heart's content. They can eat up to 30,000 insects a day, which if you've ever had an ant infestation in your home is happy news indeed!

Writing this reminds me that I need to mend the zip on one of my favourite dresses which I made 3 summers ago. It is purple with a large anteater sewn on and embroidery which spells out my wish to be a giant anteater...
TA DA!

No comments:

Post a Comment