Thursday, July 28, 2011

Things I learnt at Glastonbury...

Glastonbury festival is one of my favourite places to be in the world. Here are some things that I learnt when I was there last month....

Everything can be turned into a plant pot given enough imagination...
even your roof....
and an old, dead tree trunk...

But you should always remember to water your plants :)

You should always expect the unexpected - you never know when a camel might suddenly appear and start dancing in the mud...

Speaking of mud.. there is such a thing as TOO MUCH mud...

The importance of wellyboots can therefore not be understated. These bad boys have kept my feet happy for nigh on 6 glastonburys now (and believe it or not, this was one of their cleaner moments at the festival)
...
Life is better with festival hair...

You can never take too many photos of colourful flags...


(I had to be selective here. I have SO MANY photos of the flags. But aren't they just so lovely flapping in the wind?!)

Paintings on the wall of a gallery are all very well and good, but the best kind of art can be found painted directly onto the the walls (?) of a tipi...


A slightly more random life lesson: If you leave an apple in close proximity to newly opened peppermint tea bags, your apple will tasty extremely minty. You will then be compelled to take ridiculous photos of yourself with said apple in order to document the experience forever. You have been warned. Plus the apple will not really taste very nice at all!
You make your own luck in life, but sometimes the universe gives you a helping hand....
Found on the first morning at glastonbury betwixt my tent and the portaloos: one four leaf clover :)

It is impossible to be the sky. But it's alright to want impossible things
Given my love for colourful, mis-matchingclothes, I will probably look something like this in about 30 years time...
And finally...
If you stare into the flames at the stone circle long enough, you can still see them days, weeks, months, years later when you close your eyes.

*sigh* I love festivals.

No comments:

Post a Comment