Sunday, August 07, 2011

happy little moments... ferny green seahorses

I had a happy little moment last weekend when I was walking on the moor near my parent's house in dartmoor. I was looking at all the ferns that are growing wild there and I noticed that as the leaves unfurl, they look like tiny little seahorses dangling down....

I wonder if they all carry on growing on the plant and eventually open out into big fern leaves or if some of take their chance to escape when a big gust of wind comes along. Maybe they break free and float on the breeze down the hill to the stream that runs through the valley. Perhaps there's a whole big flock of ferny green seahorses swimming in that stream having magical adventures with other tiny green ferny seahorses and whatever other creatures grow mysteriously on the hillside...

No comments:

Post a Comment