Friday, September 23, 2011

A haiku a day...

Friday
Tiny squares, each one
a small accomplishment hooked
onto its neighbour.

Saturday
Concentric circles
On the surface of the lake,
Rippling raindrops.

Sunday
The air is scented
with falling autumn leaves, a
colourful perfume.

Monday
Glowing orange sky:
backdrop for our evening walk,
in early autumn.

Tuesday
Inside each conker,
an entire tree lies in wait:
chestnut potential.

Wednesday
Outside my window,
clouds float past, high in the sky,
faster than you'd think.

Thursday
Trust not the ticking
of clocks: minutes and hours
are slippery beasts.


I'm into my third month of daily haikus and still enjoying putting together these little syllabic momentoes of my days. See all my haiku posts by clicking on the haiku label in the right sidebar over there somewhere -------------->
And please do leave me a haiku of your own in the comments if you so wish.....
x

No comments:

Post a Comment